Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Funny Story

I received a phone call Sunday night after we arrived home from church. It was my mom. She was concerned about daddy because he was scheduled for eye surgery today and really needed a ride to and from that. So I told her not to worry about it. I would handle it.

This was originally going to be a very busy day for me because we have our annual Thanksgiving dinner for the ladies at church tonight. So since I needed to have school with the children, bake a turkey given to me for the ladies meeting, needed to show Hannah how to make her very first pie crust from scratch, etc, etc...I decided to rearrange my schedule yesterday. I had school with the kids, ran to the bank, ran back home because I forgot something, ran back to the bank, ran to the post office to mail a letter to a friend, ran to the hardware store (which didn't have what I needed), ran to see my mom and pick up her dirty clothes, ran into Roses for a throw away pan to bake my turkey in, ran into Food Lion for ingredients Hannah needed for her pie crust, ran home. Took some medicine for a POUNDING headache that never really went away, ran out with Bruce to do some business and pick up things needed for co-op Thursday, fixed supper for my family, threw in mom's dirty clothes to wash, cleaned the kitchen, prepared my turkey, bleached everything the turkey touched or was near (lol), and finally pushed ole Tom in the oven at 1:30 am. Swept the kitchen floor, folded mom's laundry so it would be ready to take to her on my way to get dad for his eye appointment, cleaned off "stuff" from the table, grabbed a sip of hot, raspberry green tea that was now cold because I forgot about it, (ewww), and hit the sack at 2:00 am sharp! I was whooped! But that's OK...everything was done for me to take daddy to his appointment and nothing would stand in the way of it. I got up at 6:00am to check on Tom, who was still looking a little pale for my liking.

Back in he went.

Back to bed I went.

Bruce woke me up for my morning back rub at 6:30. That was great! He's so sweet. Thanks, Hon! I fell back to sleep, which I don't normally do, and was finally awakened by Justin getting ready to leave for his class at the college. I checked Tom again, but he was still not to my liking. I sat with Bruce to watch Fox news for a little bit, stayed on the kids to get ready for school, and then.........the phone call. At 8:30 this morning I received a call from daddy saying that I didn't need to come get him today because he wasn't scheduled for anything.


Tom is done. I'm going back to bed.

Daddy called this afternoon....his appointment was yesterday.