Friday, November 7, 2008

Why I Choose to Stay at Home..Part II And an Update on Mom

First, an update on mom. After moving her to rehab yesterday, I decided I was NOT going to leave her there alone last night. So I spent the night with her. She was in a great deal of pain because her medicines were not put in the computer correctly during the transfer. As of this morning they were STILL having problems. I was very upset, as you can imagine. That's just one of several things that went wrong last night. This morning I felt a little bit better leaving her, but may spend the night with her again tonight, depending on how they do with her today. They are very understaffed up there.


Photobucket

Why I Choose to Stay at Home...Part II

Biblical Descriptions of a Wife

The first thing we (women) are described to be is man's help meet. Genesis 2:18-20 says, "And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. 19And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. 20And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him." Bruce often says he would never marry again if anything were to happen to me. I take that as a sincere gesture of his love for me. Apparently, he could never love anyone the way he loves me. Isn't that sweet? But truthfully, I would want him to remarry. Bruce is a good husband and, just between us, he is not meant to be alone. I may have him spoiled, but he looks for me to stand on the porch and wave goodbye to him as he leaves for work each day. He looks for me to be home for him when he returns home from work each day. He looks forward to our Friday afternoon dates because he doesn't get to see me through the week, hardly enough to talk about anything of importance to him. He's my best friend and I am his. If anything were to happen to me, *spit* *spit*, he would be very lonely. I was created to walk beside of him, certainly not before him. Some people say that women are equal to men. But this is not so. God created man to rule over every living creature. Aren't we living creatures, ladies? After God placed Adam in that deep sleep and did a little divine surgery, if you will, he created us from Adam's rib. When Adam woke up, I'm sure he was elated to see the beautiful living creature before him, which he (Adam) named Eve. God knew she would bring something to Adam's life that no other creature (INCLUDING ANOTHER MAN) could bring to him. She would be his help meet. Bone of his bone and flesh of his flesh.

We are also to be a crown to our husband. Proverbs 12:4 "A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband: but she that maketh ashamed is as rottenness in his bones." I think we can all say we know at least one woman that brings shame upon her husband because she is lacking a great deal in the lines of virtue. She doesn't take his advice, she doesn't allow him to lead her, she doesn't work on keeping the house clean, she spends money they don't have on things they don't need, she puts her friends in front of him, she does not respect him as an authority figure over her, she flirts with other men, etc. The list could go on and on, I am afraid. But when we (women) do everything we can to be that Proverbs 31 woman, we become a crown to him. I would much rather be a crown to my husband than a badge of shame to him. Unfortunately, there are many things in my own life that I need to work on to become that Proverbs 31 woman. But I can honestly say that I strive not to bring shame upon my husband. I want people to look at him and see that he is the leader of his home. The king of his castle.

We are to be a good thing to our husband. Proverbs 18:22, "Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD." God wants man to have a good wife. A wife that is willing to be what God would have her to be as a help meet to her husband. And when a man finds a good wife, he finds a good thing. Not too many men out there are finding good things in a wife these days. A lot of women out there are self-serving, demanding, petty, full of jealousy, filled with barmy expectations of her husband that make him look like a wimp to the rest of the world. And I must add here, ladies, that as mothers, it is so important that we do not create these foolish women. We need to be an example to them. We need to teach them what a godly wife is. Television teaches very little, if nothing at all, on how to be a good thing to a husband. Instead, we are constantly being told and shown that husbands are stupid and we are superior in both mind and strength. Which leads me to the next description.

We are the weaker vessel. I Peter 3:7 "Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them (wives) according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered." I never paid attention to that "..dwell with them according to knowledge...giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel" parts much until a few months ago. Because we (women) are the weaker vessel, husbands have to handle us differently than they would someone else. In the Bible days, vessels were important pieces around the house. If you had a broken vessel, you might as well throw it out. It was of no use. The strong vessels were used for everything. And the weaker vessels could be used, but they had to be handled with care. We (women) are creatures of emotion. Men are NOT! lol There are emotions behind everything we ladies do. And that's why God found it so important to let him know that we ARE the weaker vessel, and that he is to understand that and handle us with care. And I'm so glad of that and so thankful for that. When my emotions are running amuck, I don't look for my friends. I look for the strong arms of my beloved to hold me and reassure me that everything is going to be all right. Husbands have such a greater burden than we do. And it is because they were created to be the leader and strong tower in the marriage.

Tomorrow I'll blog about the duties of the wife. Which is where Bruce and I made the decision together for me to stay at home comes in.