Monday, August 11, 2008

"We Are Confident, I Say,...

...and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the LORD!"
2 Corinthians 5:18
Brother Rector was a dear, sweet man. He passed away Saturday morning after losing a battle with pnuemonia. It almost doesn't seem real. I think we all expected him to recover soon. But God saw fit to take him home.
He was one of those people you truly missed when he wasn't at church. I enjoyed watching him from the choir while we sang. He would raise his hands in the air and praise the Lord. He always had an encouraging word. He was a prayer warrior. He was a friend.
He was a good husband to his sweet wife. Treated her like a true princess. Pray for her. I can not even imagine what she is feeling right now.
There is absolutely NO doubt in my mind that Brother Rector is in Heaven. He will be greatly missed.
"Precious in the sight of the LORD
is the death of His saints."
Psalm 116:15