Saturday, August 30, 2008

Bad Blogger, Good Grandparents

Bruce and I had an outing for our Sunday school class last night and THIS blogger forgot her camera. I know...I know. It is just not like me to do that, but if you understood how my day went yesterday you'd understand why I forgot the camera. Pictures were the last thing on my mind.

There were about ten couples that showed up for the outing. We met at the church and rode the bus to the Crystal Sea restaurant. It's a fish camp, but they serve other things too. As a matter of fact, I noticed Brother Ted ordered a burger, which looked rather large and pretty tasty. Most of us got the buffet. We had a GREAT time of fellowship with one another and laughed...a LOT. We usually always do when we get together.

Those of you that didn't make it...AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE...we missed you a whole bunch. Maybe next time.

Justin had gone to a game with a couple of his friends last night while Hannah stayed home with Harrison. When we returned home from the outing, my Mother-in-law's car was in the driveway. She was snuggled up on the couch with the kids, each of them under a blanket, watching a video together. The smell of popcorn lingered in the air and doughnuts were on the table. We were glad to see her and glad she was able to spend time with the kids. That was a nice surprise for them.

Thank you, Marie! The kids were happy to have you here!

Another nice surprise for Hannah yesterday was that my daddy picked her up and took her to the mall to buy her some Aeropostale perfume. She had been wanting some for a while and was happy to find it in Puerto Rico within the price range she was willing to spend. She's very frugal, my girl! Anyway, she had it at her grandparents a couple of weeks ago when she and Taylor were spending time with my folks. But it disappeared on her and she didn't tell me until earlier this week. She was upset about it but since she keeps things to herself as much as she is frugal (lol) she didn't let on too much of how it was bothering her. But I could tell. Anyway, when daddy found out about it, he insisted on buying her a new bottle....and a sprite....and a chocolate covered pretzel.

Thanks, Paw Paw. That was so sweet of you.