Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Happy Father's Day

Last week was a lot of fun as we celebrated a week long of Father's Day with Bruce. He's such a wonderful husband and dad. He deserves a Happy Father's Day every day!

Bruce, I'm thankful the Lord saw fit for us to be together and that He has blessed us with a wonderful life. I love you.

We had a terrific Sunday. After a great sermon on God Needs A Man, we headed back to our house with mom and daddy for a Father's Day lunch.

I don't normally cook on Sunday but since Bruce loves my lasagna, I got up a little earlier than usual today and began preparing two pans, along with sides. Hannah made dessert and mom brought dessert too. The food was delish, but having my husband at one end of the table and my daddy at the other, made the day for me!

I was thinking of some special memories of when I was a child. I have always been a daddy's girl. It's a good thing I was the only girl because there would have been some serious rivalry going on.

But I have special memories of my dad. As a matter of fact, I began to list them and it just kept going and going. Where do I begin? Where do I stop? God has blessed me so much, giving me a Christian dad. A loving dad. There's not much he doesn't know about me. We've shared many talks through the years. Many opportunities of time spent one on one together. Trips, just the two of us. I have great memories that will last a life time.


I love you, daddy!

Thank you, Lord for the men in my life that you have blessed me with.

Proverbs 23:24 "The father of the righteous shall greatly rejoice: and he that begetteth a wise child shall have joy of him."