Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Random Thoughts...

The rain has been so crazy here that they have not been able to do much with the new addition to our church building. Which is ok. God is the one who sends the rain. He knows we are all eager to see it happen. So, it will happen when it happens. Right?

The last of Justin's graduation ceremonies was Sunday night. We had our special service for the graduates with an afterglow following. I have pictures, but right now they're all of fb and my other computer. I'm using the desktop while my other computer is uploading a video. I could do more on that one, but we downgraded our Internet a few weeks ago so things tend to drag if you do too much at one time on it. I want to talk about the graduation service, but I'll wait until I can get the video and pictures here on Thimble Thoughts. Maybe tomorrow.

Justin and several of the high school boys from church are going to the mountains this weekend with one of their families. I know they'll have a great time, but I'm praying hard for the family taking them. No doubt there will be a LOT of crazy stuff going on up there. I heard which boys are going and it should be an interesting time. ha haaaaaaa.....good luck, Brother Greg and Mrs. Teresa.

I have a little praise...a big praise, really, but it's a little blessing...a big blessing, actually. Oh, you'll understand in a minute. A friend of mine announced that she is having a baby. It's been fourteen years since her first and only child was born. This news comes with a "surprise" attached to it. LOL But everyone is so happy. Mommy and baby are fine, from what I understand, and I couldn't be happier that another little one will be gracing their home soon. I think a little boy would be great, but I must confess that I have my fingers crossed for a girl. There are no granddaughters on my friend's side of the family, and I KNOW her mother would just go nuts if she had a little granddaughter. ha haa...I've been giggling all day over this, I confess. SO excited for them! What's funny is that my friend's mom and dad had a little heartbreak in their lives recently and I've been praying special blessings for them. I didn't know God would give them such a wonderful blessing, but as soon as I heard my friend was pregnant I knew God definitely answered that prayer for them. When I told my friend's mom I had been praying a special blessing, she remarked that she believed EVERYONE had been. ha haa Too funny!

My daddy's sister, Janice, is in town for a few days. I love it when she makes it in to town. It is always good to see her. We'll be having dinner at mom and dad's tonight. John is bringing a roast he smoked in his smoker, along with spicy baked beans, and green beans. I'm cooking deviled eggs, Spanish rice, and cole slaw. And mom is doing some different vegetables. Doesn't that sound like a great southern meal? Anyone want to join us?

The transmission in our car is slipping. That's not good. We're borrowing mom and dad's car until we can figure out what needs to be done. We really don't want to sink a lot of money into it, seeing it has about 230,000 on it. And we really don't want a car payment. But, like the rain and our church building addition, it's all in the Lord's hands, right? So I'm leaving it there!! 'Cause there's really nothing I can do about it anyway. LOL If you think about it, please help us pray the Lord's will in that area.

So, I better get back to cooking. I need to get started on my slaw. Y'all have a great day and I'll "see" ya tomorrow!

I John 4:4 "...greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the
world."