Monday, June 21, 2010

Eventful Days

Today has been an interesting day.

Hannah woke me up shortly after Justin left for work. She said the neighbor across the street pulled into our driveway, never rang the door bell or anything and was just sitting there. So I got up and dressed. By the time I came through the house he was already gone.

Things were going along as normal after that until Justin called. I could barely understand what he was saying. As most of you know, he does the lawn maintenance for WWNTBM. While he was working, a bee flew out of no where and stung him on his lip. He said his lip was swelling, his teeth and jaw were hurting, and he had no control of his saliva. His friend, Caleb, had gone to work with him so I told Justin to drive to my parent's for some Benadryl and told Caleb if he noticed Justin having trouble breathing or problems with vision to call 911.

They made it to mom and dad's just fine. Mom gave Justin 50mg of Benadryl (the pharmacist said 25mg). She also noticed the stinger was still in Justin's lip. So she removed it. When it was removed and the Benadryl started working he did a lot better and the boys returned to work.

The mission staff was at an annual meeting today so no one was in the office. Caleb started looking for Justin and couldn't find him. He walked around 11 acres of land looking for Justin, who, after taking 50mg of Benadryl and working in the heat, could very well be passed out in the field somewhere. Not to mention Justin left his cell phone in the Kabota house and so Caleb wasn't able to call him to see where he was. Needless to say, Caleb talked to his mom (a nurse) who calls me. I facebook message Brother John who had Mrs. Kim call me to find out what was going on. She then called Naomi's room mate, who went looking for Justin and found him putting together chairs in the mission's building. Justin called to tell me he was ok, Mrs. Kim called to tell me he was ok. And then Angie (Caleb's mom) called to tell me he was ok. Then I sat down and cried a minute. Just from relief, I think.

My brother was terribly allergic to bees when he was alive, so the thoughts I was having were pretty vivid. LOL Thankfully he was fine. He took TWO MORE 50mg of Benadryl when he got home. I'm kind of surprised he hasn't passed out cold yet.

Went on with the day. Made mini meat loaves, homemade taters, and garden fresh salad for supper. Took a ride out in the country with my sweetheart, snackin' on RC Cola and caramel creams. And now I'm getting ready to hit the sack.

OH YEAH! The neighbor....he brought over a grocery bag full of vegetables he picked from his garden and had left them on the front porch. Mystery solved there!

Hope tomorrow is a little less eventful.

Psalm 91:1-2 "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust."