Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Camp, Old Friends, and Knobby, the Sasquatch!

So we're into our third day of camp. I just found out that there is Family Night up there but have no idea when. I'm guessing it is Thursday. Which is my birthday. Which is already booked with a family thing here. But it's ok...I'll survive. I heard from a friend of ours that works there and he said Harrison was having a great time. So unless something changes, I'll see him again Friday morning. I know he and Matt are having a good time and I found out there were several other children we know up there.

I was sitting on the couch yesterday watching FOX news (so depressing sometimes) and I heard a knock on the door. I thought, at first, it was one of the little neighbor boys coming to play with Harry, but the knock was too strong. When I stood up I noticed a car in the driveway. And when I went to the door, there stood an old neighbor friend from Justin's childhood.
I couldn't believe it. I opened the door and gave him a big hug and he visited for a few hours with us. It was so good seeing him. I'm hoping he'll come to church with us since he's moved back into the area. He's looking for good friends and I know he'd get along great with our growing college and career class.

I'm thinking there are about thirty + in there come September since we just lost eleven that graduated from high school. That's a nice crop of college and career kids.

We've recently had a sighting of Knobby the sasquatch in our parts. If you haven't seen it on the national news you've really missed it, let me tell ya. This mountain man claims he came face to face with one. Legend has it, that "Knobby" the sasquatch was spotted several times in these parts back in the '70s and is now making his appearance again.
Here's a link to the news report:

And here's a link to see a video Brother Ted took of Bruce telling about his sighting of Knobby:

It's going to be a busy weekend. See you all later!