Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy Day After New Year's

Out with the old, in with the new.

We had a good year last year, but I am super excited about 2010. I think it's going to be a great year!

We met with our Sunday school class the last night of 2009. We played games, ate Tex Mex, shared things the Lord had done for us through the year, and enjoyed each other's fellowship. Our party broke up around 11:00 so Bruce and I wandered over to Wal Mart. Yep, Wal Mart!! I had my 2010 New Year's Kiss in the electronics department. :)

I talked to Justin when we got home and it sounded like they were having a good time. And Harrison said they all got tired at Grandmother's house and went on to bed before midnight.

My mother-in-law called New Year's Day and said she was cooking her traditional New Year's dinner of Black eyed peas and cabbage. So we headed over there for lunch. I don't do anything "peas" but I did eat one off Bruce's plate. There was corn, corn bread, rolls, stewed taters, and Hannah fried pork chops and made a chocolate cake. It was really good. Barry and his sons showed up and Bryan showed up with his three granddaughters and Brandy. I was glad we got to see them.

Kelsey is spending the night with Hannah tonight. They've had a good time watching some DVDs, playing board games, and doing girl stuff...you know, snacking, giggling, etc....

It is now already the second day of the new year. Can you believe that? Another day to be thankful for what He has taken away!

Psalm 103:12 "As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed
our transgressions from us."