Friday, January 15, 2010

Between The Rock and a Hard Place

We've all heard the old cliche, "Between a rock and a hard place."

Recently, I have found myself in just that kind of situation and not sure how to handle it. I was lying in bed last night crying and praying to the Lord, "I feel like I'm between a rock and a hard place!" As soon as I said that to Him, He answered back, "You are. I am the rock. Move out of the way."

How do I move out of the way? I don't know which way to move. "Tell me how and where to move. You're the One that put me here, Lord!"

I was hurting so bad. I told the Lord I did not want this burden. I don't know what He wants from me. Why He would choose me.

So I asked Him, "Is this YOUR hand or is this the work of the devil?"

It is both. Satan can not do anything without God's permission. What Satan uses for evil, God can and will use for His glory.

But I must wait on the Rock.

Exodus 33:21 "And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:"

Do I know what to do now? No. But I will trust the Lord.

Deuteronomy 32:4 " He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he."

Don't stand between THE ROCK and the hard place. Move out of the way and let Him do His perfect work.