Thursday, January 28, 2010

It's Not What You Know, But Who You Know

A version of Webster's dictionary defined "truth" as:
  1. a...fidelity; constancy b...sincerity in action, character, and utterance.
  2. the state of being the case. The body of real things, events, and facts. A transcendent, fundamental, or spiritual reality.
  3. fidelity to an original or to a standard.
  4. GOD

I like number four. :)

John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the TRUTH, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. "

I have been in contact recently with people from my past, as well as people I do not know that well who profess not to believe the teachings of Jesus Christ, although they have, in their own words "...studied Him and the Bible." They say they know all about Him. The sad thing is, He does not know them at all.

There will be many that stand before Him and cry out, "BUT I KNEW WHO YOU WERE!" And He will say to them, "...I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

I was told yesterday that I have a blind faith. My response was that it does not matter if my faith is blind or not, because the Lord is leading my way. I would much rather have a blind faith than no faith at all. But I can say that my faith is not blind. My Spiritual eyes have been opened and I can see clearly.

How about you? Do you believe the truth? Do you know Jesus? More importantly, does He know you?