Thursday, January 8, 2009

The McKameys

This is the last of the groups we saw at the singing last Saturday night. Kim, the lady that gave us the tickets for Christmas, asked me which group was my favorite. It was this one! I love the McKameys. Always have. Mama McKamey will just kick her shoes off and sing, sing, sing! She's so funny. They're just laid back mountain people that love the Lord.


Papa McKamey


Mama McKamey
Their daughter...she has a very powerful voice and you can tell she holds back a little so not to drown out the rest of the family.

This is the son-in-law. He's their bass player.


Mama McKamey's sister

Singin' and shoutin'


I wish I had gotten more of this song, but I wasn't fast enough with my camera. It's called I've Won. I have more videos of them, but blogger is taking FOREVER to download them and cuts out on me. UGH! So I'm sticking them in "the vault" and I'll use them another time.
Thank you again, Mike, Kim, Taylor, and Madison. We had such a wonderful time and it was a very thoughtful gift since y'all know we LOVE good southern gospel and bluegrass gospel music.