Thursday, January 22, 2009

Come Out!

I read a quote recently that said,

What the church has done wrong is that it has
created these 'holy huddles' of Christian magazines, music and schools that have
set them apart from the world because the world is bad. Instead of doing what
Christ did, and bring light to the world, they retreat from it.


I suppose, to some people, this would be considered a deep theological thought, meant to prick the heart of any Christian. The person who thought of this quote obviously has an open mind, which really means they just have a big hole in their head. Which would explain the hole in that quote.

The world has their magazines, their music, and their schools. Most all of which are filled with filth. Most all of which are liberal in their thinking and their teachings. Most all of which mock a Holy God.

There is a reason they are called "the world" and we are called "Christian." Here are a couple of verses to ponder. I could expound on them, but hey, it's Bible. And the Bible speaks for itself.

Romans 12:2 "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God." KJV

James 4:4 "Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God." KJV

Everyone seems to be in agreement of separation of church and state. Shouldn't we, as Christians, be in agreement of separation of church and world? After all, Christ taught that separation.

Yes, we have our magazines. Thank God I have something good in the house to read that won't fill my head with junk or pervert the mind of my sons and daughters. Yes, we have our music. Thank God I have them in my head and my heart because they bring me peace in the midst of trials and lift my spirit when I am feeling low. When I got saved, Christ gave me a NEW song to sing! And yes, we have our schools. Thank God our children have a place to go where there are teachers who are praying for our children instead of preying on our children!

Do I believe in shining the Light of Christ? Most definitely. But I do that in my standards. In the way I dress, the way I talk, the music I listen to. My faithfulness to my husband and my church. My attitude of servitude.

Too many Christians have become lackadaisical in their thinking. And do you know why? Because our magazines, our music and our schools have become under attack and are being run by a bunch of evangelicals that would rather change the mirror than the man in the mirror.

II Corinthians 6:17 "Wherefore, come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the LORD..."