Thursday, February 11, 2010

What's Your Prescription For?


I was feeling a little down last night after church. It was not one big thing, just several little things that kind of piled on top of each other. I was trying not to complain. I kept telling myself with each happening that I needed to "let it go"...."it was silly"...."God already knows'....you know, all the things you tell OTHER people?
But it's so hard to let go sometimes.

I don't want to be "one of those people" that wear their feelings on their sleeves. Always finding something to cry about. Always finding something to be hurt over. Boo hoo...woe is me? But sometimes when several things happen all at once, it's really hard to fight that.

And then I find myself quoting different verses such as Philippians 4:11, "...for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content" or Psalm 119:165, "Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them" and Philippians 4:19 "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

There's a prescription in the Scripture for everything. I have found that the Bible is like medicine....it's hard to swallow sometimes. But if you swallow it and allow it to do its job, you'll feel so much better. :)
(I took this on our way to revival one night last week. Pretty, huh? God is good.)