Saturday, February 6, 2010

Blessed

Ok, so I'm sitting here and just finished watching Sarah Palin. I love her. When she's not being told what to talk about, what not to talk about, what to say and what not to say, she's a great speaker!! She speaks her mind. She says what everyone else is afraid to say and I LIKE THAT. And if you leave a comment about her and how you don't like her, or leave negative critique of her, I'll delete it. It's my blog. I can do that. HA! :)

I've been very emotional this evening, just thanking the Lord for the great kids I have. They are SUCH a blessing to me.

Some of you fb friends know this, but for you blog only friends, I hurt my knee last week and have been on crutches. That's been fun. NOT! But I have to say my family has been wonderful. Of course, Bruce has been attentive to my needs, but because of working and sleeping, the kids have really stepped up to the plate. The house has remained clean, Justin has helped me getting in and out of the house, in and out of the car, and whatever I've asked of him. Harrison has been asking me every few minutes if I need anything. Fetching me drinks, bringing me my ice pack, and making sure I have ibuprofen when I need it. I've been sleeping in my recliner and I was touched the other night when I looked over at Harrison and he was making his bed on the couch. I said, "Harry, you should be getting in bed." He said, "That's ok, mom, you might need something in the night." That made me a little weepy when the lights went out and all I could hear was shallow breathing from him sleeping. Then tonight, Hannah cooked a wonderful supper of oven fried chicken, southern green beans, and homemade mashed potatoes. She did a fantastic job. It was GREAT!! So great that Harrison ate at Sonic with his paw paw tonight after rest home ministry and he still sat down with chicken when he got home. LOL Anyway, I'm feeling a little more than a little blessed this week.

Justin has prayed about becoming a fireman and asking the Lord to open some doors for him. Tonight he turned in his application at our town's fire department, they gave him an interview, and everything went great!! He goes for his orientation the end of this month and is very excited. He's a happy boy and I'm a very proud mama!! Pray for him, please.

We're looking forward to church tomorrow. We had a great week in revival and I'm eager to see how the Holy Spirit moves in the services. In case you're just checking in here, be sure to watch the videos posted of the services.

For now, Bruce is cleaning the kitchen, Justin has gone to bed, Hannah is reading a book, Harry is watching a dog show, and I'm......well........blogging.

Time to wind it down for the night. I hope you all have a great Lord's Day! Don't forget about Him. :)

Psalm 122
"I was glad when they said unto me,
Let us go into the house of the LORD."