Thursday, February 4, 2010

Revival Night 3

Wow, I've been working on this blog forever today!! Blogger was running so slow uploading my videos.
But anyway, Brother Davis preached a GREAT message last night. One that really spoke to my heart in so many ways. About going the second mile.

His text was from Matthew 5:41 "And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain."

There was a time when the Romans would ask a Jew to go a mile with them, to carry their belongings. During those times, the Jews would have their mile markers so they would know how far they were walking with the Roman soldiers. And when they go one mile, by law, the Jew was allowed to stop. But because of what they were taught by Christ, some of them would walk an extra mile to show the Roman soldier there was more to them, than JUST the law. And a relationship would form between the two that would not be forgotten.

One point he brought out as a Christian today, is that the first mile we walk in our Christian walk is a walk of surrender. In other words, we don't have a choice. We're captured by Christ and we have a walk we must walk. There's no pleasure in doing what we HAVE to do. But when we go that second mile because we want to, there is joy in our serving.

His outline was:
  • The design of the second mile is for our happiness. The first milers have surrendered. The second milers have submitted. And there is happiness in submission.
  • The delight of the second mile and its desire to help.
  • The deliverance of the second mile, involves hope.

The Lord dealt in many of our hearts last night to go that second mile.

The alter and isles were full. Praise God for revival!



I'm so thankful Brother Davis came. I told a friend today that I have been chewing on this message all day!!


And ladies and gentlemen, might I present our dear brother, DUSTY BRACKETT. I was afraid if his picture was not included in my blog post, he would cry. We can't have that. Thank you, Bruce, for taking his picture.
Bruce and I are going the second mile to show recognition for Brother Dusty. ha haaaa


OK, all joking aside, we do love Brother Dusty. He's a blessing. Please don't let him know how we feel. It would ruin everything. :)

Here are some more videos from the service last night. The Owens boys and Brandon played for the offertory. They did great.

Voices of Faith sang a couple of songs. This one is I'll Stick With the Old Stuff. One of my favorites. :)

And this one is I Know Him. Another favorite. The first time I heard it Brother Robbie Mullinax sang it and I fell in love with this song. I'm glad I know Him, but I'm more glad that He knows me!!

Here is Brother Davis talking about the first miler Christians.

Brother Davis using Justin in his example of the Roman soldier asking a Jew to go a mile with him.

Brother Davis saying if you can get one Christian to go that second mile....