Monday, February 8, 2010

Good Doctor's Visit :)

Bruce took me to the doctor Monday afternoon. I'll admit that after talking to several people at church, including and especially Brother Ken, I came home after revival one night last week in tears, scared to death I was going to have my knee drained and worse, surgery. lol

Thankfully, this was not the case at all. The doctor said I've been taking good care of my knee and to keep doing what I've been doing. Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. She also told me to put the crutches up. When you have a muscle injury the muscles become tight and want you to baby them. So the longer I use the crutches, the more my muscles want me to use the crutches. Now I'm limping along instead of hobbling, but hopefully I won't be limping much longer. If I'm not doing better in a couple of weeks I might have to have physical therapy. But I'm praying that won't be necessary. She doesn't think that will happen though.

After school today, the kids are going to the Library. There's a book that Hannah wants to get and is surely going to pass out if she doesn't get it today!! We can't be having that! But for now they are all working quietly in their studies. Well, not Harrison. He does better with his spelling words when he's saying them out loud..........apparently. :)

The Valentine Banquet is on its way. I wanted to help with the balloons and see everything come together with its final touches. But with my knee it was impossible. :( I'm looking forward to the banquet though. Lord willing, by then, I'll be walking better and will be able to get some good pictures of everyone. Our theme is Winter Wonderland.

Well, I'm off here. Hope everyone has a great day!!

Psalm 98:1 "O sing unto the LORD a new song; for he hath done marvellous
things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the
victory."