Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Labor Day

Photobucket
Happy Labor Day! I don't know that I have ever said that. We're spending our Labor Day at my mother-in-law's home. As of 11:30 last night, she was still undecided as to what she was cooking. So, this is yet to be announced. But I am sure whatever it is, it's going to be good. She's a fabulous cook. Ask anyone who knows her.

This of course, would fall the very day Bruce and I begin our first day to healthier eating habits! But that's OK. A good many in our Sunday school class is doing this also. I think we were pretty pumped about it last night. Mostly the women. We all weighed in (UGH) and did our measurements, AFTER eating our "last meal," so to speak. I'm eager to see how everyone did come Sunday morning!

While us parents were going crazy eating, weighing in, and measuring, our children were playing.
Here are a few of them in one of our props we use for different meetings. These things have been giant root beer floats, clouds, part of the sea, etc. We made 'em get out, though, because we were afraid they'd be stuck by nails. bummer

Abigale was giving me a sweet smile. I worked nursery last night and she snuggled with me for a little while.

Some of the children were playing "choir." Brook was leading. They were so funny.
Ethan was perfectly content to eat his cookie. Ain't he cute?

So that was our Sunday pretty much.
What are your plans for Labor Day?