Saturday, March 13, 2010

Valid ID, Please?

I had a good time with Bruce yesterday. It was an interesting day to say the least. We stopped at the bank to cash a check from our insurance company and do some other transactions. Everything was going fine until the teller asked Bruce if he had a valid driver's license. "You know yours expired in 2009?" she asked. Bruce's typical response was, "Whaaaaaaaat?" I kind of giggled until she said I could use mine. Then I laughed. Because in, I don't know how long, I left my purse and everything at home since I really wasn't going to need it. And of course Bruce was offering them his fishing license, which they wouldn't accept. Duh! We stood there feeling like two suspected bandits trying to cash a check that wasn't ours. After the tellers laughed and had a good time with us, they finally cashed the check and helped with our other transactions. Then it was off to lunch at Chick-fil-A, a couple of errands, a necessary trip to the DMV, and back home to make some pecan pies.

I had just enough time to whip up the pies and pull them from the oven when it was time to go to a guitar workshop with Doyle Dykes. We had bought tickets earlier in the day. Turns out the workshop was actually a concert. I guess they had to put "workshop" on the tickets because he promotes Taylor Guitars. He did use just Taylor instruments and I noticed that during the concert he kept mentioning Taylor guitars. It was a lot of fun. He could really play his guitar. At one point he was playing two songs on one guitar. It was amazing. I can't break up my brain to do that. HA! I was also happy to see Darrin and Brooke Aldridge there. I like to hear them play and sing. So we had a good time seeing them, Doyle Dykes and his daughter, and several friends that showed up there too.

Afterwards, we went to Don's Italian but they were near closing so we ended up at Applebee's. We ordered their new Philly Cheeseburger. Half of my burger came home. Even Bruce couldn't eat all of his. It was $8.95 for the burger and fries. If you eat at Applebee's give it a try. If you like green and red peppers, mushrooms, and cheese, you'll love it. It's on a hoagie bun, by the way. Not a hamburger bun.

When we got home, the kids were home from spending the night and day with my parents. They were ready to dig into the pies. I'm getting ready to make one now to take to church tomorrow for my parents.

I visited with them for a little bit today and daddy seems to be doing good, praise the Lord. :)