Thursday, March 11, 2010

Random

We paid Justin's Graduation fees yesterday. I guess you could say the ball is rolling now. I have several things in my head I need to get straightened out for his graduation.

Home school is going great. The kids are winding down another year. I'm proud of all of them. It's about time for their state testing. I'm always nervous this time of year but they always excel. Someone asked me recently about our homeschooling and my qualifications. You know, their ability to socialize with people of all ages, carry on decent conversations, and pass their state testing with flying colors should be all the answers they need for that question. Harrison had some problems at the start, but he is doing such a good job this year. And I think a lot of that also has to do with his Patch teachers. I know they're not with him academically, but I think they've helped with his morale and feeling confident. It makes such a difference when a child feels that confidence to try and do something they're not sure of. I think the person that was asking me that question was just trying to make me feel bad for not having some kind of teaching degree. Maybe they're disappointed in their own parenting. I don't know. But so far our children have done an excellent job and I'm proud of all of them on so many different levels.

I'm glad it's Thursday. My favorite day of the week, as you well know. I'm looking forward to spending time with my honey tomorrow. I was able to spend a little time with him this morning. I wanted to go to the dentist with him for his follow up, which was EARLY this morning, because he worked third shift last night and I didn't want him falling asleep on the way to or from his appointment. I worry about that. So anyway, after his appointment we stopped at McDonald's and grabbed a biscuit. It was nice spending that few minutes with him before he had to get home and get in bed.

Justin was going to work at the church today between his classes, but I think the weather will be sending him home. I have a feeling he'll be pulling in here shortly.

And that's all folks. Hope you're having a great Thursday!