So, a friend of mine posted this on her fb. What think ye?
Some recent events being promoted by the Obama administration of which you might want to be aware:
1. The current administration is considering prosecuting civilian and military employees of the Federal Govt. for "enhanced interrogation" of enemy combatants; a perfectly legal activity at the time. During tenure of the Bush administration, members of Congress and the Senate were fully aware of these practices; not only supporting and endorsing them but in many instances asking if such methods now touted as “too severe” would really work. Here’s an article directed at Nancy Pelosi: http://thebulletin.us/articles/2009/04/27/herb_denenberg/doc49f53625c4a6c799932470.txt
2. A congressional committee approved for presentation to the House, or Senate, a bill which would make it a federal crime to say anything which would be offensive to a member of any protected group, i.e. homosexuals, minorities, illegal aliens, etc. See article here: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55392 . A republican tried to get an amendment to exclude religious speech, i.e. teaching from the Bible, but it was voted down.
3. Two items from this weekend's Mike Huckabee program (mikehuckabee.com): A lawyer, Michael Farris, who used to work for the U.S. Govt., and is now the head of some conservative, watchdog group from the state of Washington, told of a teenager who was complaining at school that his parents made him go to church "all the time". (Sunday morning and evening, and Wednesday night.) It got to school officials who notified the social service agency that "protects" children. It got into court, and a judge gave the parents a choice: The parents could force the kid to go to church only on Sunday morning once a week. If they did not agree, they would give up the kid to foster care. See article here: http://www.profam.org/pub/fia/fia_1404.htm
4. The U.S. Dept. of State is apparently sitting on a treaty with the U.N., which was signed by Madeline Albright during the Clinton administration but was not presented to the U.S. Senate for ratification due to an "unfavorable" climate for approval. The Administration now feels that it can pass, so anticipates presenting it soon. This is apparently a "children's rights" treaty which among other things, would make it a crime for any parent to administrate corporal punishment on any child for any reason. When our founding fathers wrote the Constitution, they felt that international treaties were so important that they would override any U.S. laws, including the Constitution. (This too is covered on the Huckabee website, and it is all over the Internet, but it is not being played on the main stream media.)
Other recent activities by the Obama administration:
1. The "Fairness Doctrine", which would mandate that any radio station that presented any controversial issue, would have to give equal time to the opposite view. For example: a presentation against abortion would have to give equal time to a pro-abortion group, or vice versa. It’s not at all about “Fairness” or “Balance”. It’s about “No Conservative airtime.”
2. The "right of conscience" executive order (or, possibly a law) would mandate that no health care workers could opt out of any medical procedure, namely abortion, prescription filling, etc. because it violated his moral/religious standards. Health care workers or hospitals, etc. that fail to comply would lose their licenses to practice. This is far and away the opposite of the eleventh hour executive order issued by the Bush administration, which supported the rights of medical workers and would place any institution found denying those rights or failing to comply, at risk of losing federal funding.