Friday, February 18, 2011

A Word of Encouragement For My Heavenly Siblings

Have you ever just needed to take a breather from everything and everyone and take a good long walk all by yourself? I have. The few times I have done this I am thinking things through that have been weighing on my mind and heart. Most of the time talking to the Lord and seeking some kind of answer from Him. Listening closely to see if the heavens will open up and I hear an audible voice, but of course that doesn't happen. I guess you could say that I am not walking alone after all, since I have the Lord to talk to and walk with me.

It is the same in our Christian walk. There are times when we feel we are walking alone, but we are not. The world will not understand why we live and believe the way we do. There will be times when we stand for the things of God and the world will stand against us. The Bible says,
"If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you." John 15:18

Even David, the beloved King of Israel, had his haters. In Psalm 71 he cried out unto the Lord, "O God, be not far from me: O my God, make haste for my help. Let them be confounded and consumed that are adversaries to my soul; let them be covered with reproach and dishonour that seek my hurt."

He was sounding pretty desperate, wasn't he? I have felt that way before. Maybe you have felt that way too. Maybe you feel that way now. Verse fourteen follows up with David's resolution.
"But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more. My mouth shall shew forth thy righteousness and thy salvation all the day; for I know not the numbers thereof. I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD: I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only."

We are in the world, that's a fact. There will be those in our lives that will stand against us, and that is a fact also. They will hate us because they hate the things of God. When we come to that realization and accept the fact that we all have haters, we'll stop worrying about ourselves and the hurt they inflict on us and begin lifting them in prayer, that God will show them what He has shown us. And in the mean time, resolve that, even under fire, we WILL continue hoping and praising, and telling of His great righteousness, and His alone.