Thursday, February 17, 2011

I Do Have Other Children

I've been posting a lot about Justin lately. I figured I had better post about my other two children because I'm proud of them too. :)

Hannah will be sixteen soon. After several trips to our local high school, I was finally able to get her signed up for driver's ed. She is very excited and very nervous. Truthfully, she does not want to drive. She's always been a cautious back seat driver and most of the time reprimands me for going over the speed limit or not slowing down in a curve. Let's just say my kids have always buckled up without me having to tell them. haha It will be interesting to see how she does when it is time to be behind the wheel and not behind the person behind the wheel.
:D

Hannah's been teaching Harrison sign language and he is picking it up very quickly. I'm proud of both of them. Hannah for taking the initiative to make him her student and Harrison for being such a good student for her. She is using the book The Complete Idiot's Guide to Conversational Sign Language by Carole Lazorisak and Dawn Donohue if you want to check it out.

She is also working to earn money towards some things that SIGMA is getting ready to do. Revival camp at Brother Tony Hutson's church in Tennessee and also summer camp. She's been praying the Lord would open a door to earn money for these two things and He is already blessing her.


Harrison has started saving up for an iPod Touch. Bruce bought one with his birthday money several weeks ago and Harrison has been very intrigued by it. He just started saving up and has little over $10. That should cover the taxes.....almost. But he's pretty thrifty and very good at saving so I have no doubt he'll have his iPod Touch before we know it. He's a very determined young man.

He is growing like a weed! He's as tall as I am. Which doesn't say much because I'm slightly on the short side. But for his age he's tall. He has, both, long legs and a long torso. Just a few weeks ago I was buying him fourteens. He has outgrown those and we just went up to the sixteen/eighteens. We bought new tennis shoes and dress shoes also. He is now wearing a 7.5 to 8 in men's shoes. He's ten.
So that's it for the Hannah and Harrison update. Bruce and I are blessed with some pretty great kids. :)