Thursday, February 24, 2011

Lovely Lunch at Lucille's

My mother's middle name is Lucille, in case you were wondering.
:o)
She invited the kids and I over for lunch today so we happily said yes! My mom is a great cook and today she fixed chicken the way I like it, southern green beans, baked potatoes, corn, and biscuits. It was delish!
How she does her boneless skinless chicken is, she'll season it, then batter it in egg and buttermilk, roll it in flour and fry it. Once it is fried, she'll put it in a baking dish and cover it with cream of chicken soup she mixes with some milk and then she bakes it. The chicken becomes tender and mmm, mmm good!


Harrison shoveled in the taters and corn like they'll never be grown again.


Hannah enjoyed hers too. But at this moment she was just stopping to cheese a little for the camera. Very little, obviously. haha


My sweet mama.


For dessert we had some Blue Bunny ice cream. Can you give a shout for Blue Bunny? The White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie was so good! I'll be on the look out for that.

After lunch we made our way to the tv room and watched Rebecca of Sunny Brook Farm with Shirley Temple. My mother has always loved Shirley Temple. It was cute. We all enjoyed it and most of all we enjoyed time with mom.
Hannah and I will be leaving in a little bit for a pantry shower we're giving for a lady and man in our church that are getting married in the next couple of weeks. I'm very happy for them and look forward to the shower tonight. I'll have pics of that, hopefully, tomorrow.
Thank you, mama, for a superb lunch and the flick. I love you!