Tuesday, March 31, 2009

It's Not Mine!

Bruce and I will be going with our youth group to Murfreesboro, Tennessee for a youth conference this weekend. We are very excited about it. This is a great trip and we are going looking for blessings to fill us up!

I believe it's going to be VERY good and the Devil must know it. Because he's fighting tooth and nail to bring me down.

I had such a bad day yesterday. Nothing really major, it just seemed like everything I tried to do was a failure or there were road blocks that kept getting in my way. Which can be really frustrating! Not to mention that I've come down with a KILLER cold. UGH!

But Sunday while Pastor was preaching he read a portion out of Psalm 73 concerning the prosperity of the wicked. I had never read Psalm 73 before. At least I don't remember reading it. So I marked it and read it again yesterday. But instead of stopping where Pastor stopped during his sermon, I read on through to the end of the chapter. The last verse (28) really jumped out at me.

"But it is good for me to draw to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works."

As I thought about this verse and how my day was going and being sick and finding out that the bus we're taking to Tennessee had to be put in the shop for a new starter yesterday *sigh* it suddenly dawned on me that all of this was the doing of the Devil to get my mind off the trip and maybe get me so frustrated I wouldn't want to pray or wouldn't think to pray so much about it and other things we're praying about.

But it is good for me to draw to God...I have put my trust in the Lord God...that I may declare all thy works.

But it is good for me to draw to God. God allows days like yesterday, being sick, buses needing to be unexpectantly fixed, because we need to realize that nothing is in our control. So when these things happen, what should we do?

I have put my trust in the Lord GOD. That's when you let go of the problem, throw your hands up in the air and say, "Here ya go, Lord. I can't." I thought about little David and how he said, "The battle is not mine." Even this young shepherd boy knew that he was nothing and God was going to have to fight the battle. How will God do anything in your life if you hold on to the problem? He won't. And why should he? If you don't trust Him enough to let it go, He'll allow you to hold on to it! But when you let it go and give it to Him there is something better that awaits.

That I may declare all thy works. When it is all said and done, we are given an opportunity to declare what He has done for us. To tell others. To be a witness of His goodness. Because He ALWAYS wins.

Stop whining and complaining about things you can't do anything about. Give them over into the hands of an Almighty God. Then sit back and watch Him work!

"The battle's not mine," said Little David,
"Lord, it's Thine, I'm in Your favor.
I'm giving it all to You, I knew not what to do.
I'm so glad You let me see, You're really all that I need.
For the battle's not mine, I give it to You, Lord, it's Thine."