Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Give Me TWENTY!

I'm assuming they're using the torch here.

I went to the fire academy to take some pics. They were all out on the back of the property. I saw sparks and fire. Later Justin told me that they had learned how to use a torch. So I'm going to assume that's what they were doing here.

This is what he looked like when I left the academy.

He looked way different when he got home. Poor guy. He was whooped. Apparently there was a lot of trash talk and a lack of teamwork among the students during the day. So before they were released for the evening, the instructor decided to give them a lesson that would help them remember to leave the trash talk at home and bring more teamwork to the academy.

He had them do twenty push ups, slowly, then a ten second break. Followed by more push ups, a break, more push ups, break, etc. After the last set they had to run sprints. Justin said they ran so many sprints he doesn't know how many they ran. They were all exhausted on the last sprint and ready to fall down. But nope. The instructor wanted more push ups. By the time they were finished they had done about 250 in total.

Justin said after that they all huddled together and vowed to be nicer to one another and work together. I guess the instructor got his point across.

Bless his heart. Every muscle in his arms and legs were throbbing. I gave him three ibuprofen, told him to take a hot shower, and had him use some icy/hot before he went to bed.
Hopefully today will be a much better day in the life of my cadet.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.