Tuesday, September 28, 2010

On My Heart This Morning...

You Hear Me When I Pray

There've been times, in my life
facing so much fear and strife,
not knowing just what's best to do

That's when I needed You the most,
that's when I found You so close
assuring me that You'd see me through

If I but fall upon my knees
You'd hear my desperate plea
assuring me the answers on the way

For in my hour of deep despair,
I call on You, You're always there
it's good to know You hear me when I pray

Many times I've searched high and low
not knowing which way to go
Satan tries confusing me more

But then a voice so tenderly
whispers, "Child, bring it to me,
I hold the answers you're searching for"

You see, no matter where I have been
or how far deep in sin
and even though I may run to hide
Down in my heart, one thing I know
Jesus loves me, this is so
And He stands with arms open wide

If I but fall upon my knees
You hear my desperate plea
assuring me the answer's on the way

For in my hour of deep despair,
I call on You, You're always there
It's good to know You hear me when I pray.