Sunday, September 19, 2010

Vacation!

I got a couple of emails and a note on facebook wondering where I was and why I hadn't been blogging. Remember I told you a few posts ago that we were making plans to go on vacation? Last week we did just that and it was wonderful!
This is the perfect time of year to go! We like to go after regular schools start back. That way the beaches aren't crowded, the hotels aren't crowded, and we pretty much have everything to ourselves. :D
When we left last week, it wasn't long until Harrison was becoming sleepy.


Hannah and Justin had already passed out.



And it was just me and my darlin' enjoying the quiet ride down and talking. He is so funny. He had me rollin' several times in laughter.


When we got to the hotel it was already dark. The pool and lazy river were still open (AND EMPTY!!!) so the kids headed straight down to play.
Hannah decided to just hang out for the evening.


My men in the hot tub. Don't they look relaxed?
:0)
Listening to the ocean.
The front of our hotel...

The back of our hotel...our room was the third floor down from the top, third from the left.
:D


We ate at chick-fil-A Monday before stocking up on groceries for the week. Hannah was thrilled to see that she was now too tall to play in the play place. haha


Bruce's sandwich was in the shape of a heart. It was meant to be because he loves chick-fil-A.


Harrison got Justin in the game they play and Justin had to do a push up.


But then Justin turned right around and got Harrison. So funny! And a little embarassing too, that my sons were doing push ups in the middle of the restaurant.
We played in the ocean. Well, they played in the ocean. I don't get in the ocean. There's too many creatures out there. But it sure is a beautiful part of God's creation!

I'm positive we were the only people that used the indoor pool all week.

We saw people parasailing....

played football on the beach....

played some more in the ocean...

went shopping....:D

Enjoyed spectacular sunrises...

went rock climbing...ok, not really. Justin just posed on top of a rock at the putt putt course we played at.

We always have the M***** Putt Putt championship and choose a place we haven't played yet down there. I think the Mayday Putt Putt was the only place we haven't played. So Mayday it was!

Hannah won the tournament. Bruce was in shock. He's never lost, of course. Hannah won $20. She was thrilled.

We played UNO by the pool...

read some books....

And all in all, it was a fantastic week filled with nothing but time with my family and some relaxation.
Like they say, all good things must come to an end. I am so thankful the Lord allowed our family the opportunity to spend this time together.
Bruce and Justin go back to work and we start school in the morning. I'm ready to get started in the 2010/2011 school year. It's going to be a great year!!