Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Their First Date....Or So It Seemed

What do you do when you're convalescing? Why, color, of course! Mom bought herself a Christmas coloring book and colored away the other day. She colored a nice picture, which I have yet to hang on my refrigerator.
Her boyfriend (daddy) came over to the house and they wanted to sneak off on a date for the first time since before her surgery. They were supposed to eat and come home, but darkness fell and I have to admit, I was getting a little worried. Finally they pulled up with big smiles on their faces...
...and Krispy Kream doughnuts in hand. They had eaten supper at the Mountain View Restaurant in our little town.

And then decided to go through Christmas Town USA in McAdenville. It's a small mill town with some beautiful historic homes. They light up their entire little town for Christmas. It's really beautiful and people come from every direction through the month of December to see the lights. My favorite site in McAdenville are the many lighted trees around the pond.

Mom and dad seemed to have had a good time. I know it's hard on them being apart. So I'm glad they were able to have that time together tonight.
While they were on their date, our family ordered stuffed crust pizza and watched the cartoon version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas. One of my hubby's favorite Christmas flicks. It was nice to have that little bit of family time together. Especially since he had to leave for work so early this evening.
Shortly after he left, the kids and I pulled the Christmas tree from the attic, along with over 31 nativities. The house looks beautiful and, although it is very late, I am taking in the warm glow of the tree lights. Bruce doesn't know we were going to decorate, so it will be a nice surprise for him when he gets home in the morning.