Tuesday, December 2, 2008

She's Gone Home

My mother has been debating for a few days as to whether or not she was ready to go home. This morning she decided that today was the day!

Hannah helped her pack her things and Justin loaded them into the car. All the while, she was shedding tears. I asked her why she was crying and she said it was because she's had such a wonderful time here with Bruce and me and her grandchildren. Here she is in her wheel chair with all of her pillows piled high. Boy, have all these pillows come in handy!! They've helped her so much during her recovery.


Here she is forcing a smile in the car. When we arrived at her house, Justin and I carried in her belongings, unpacked her bags, etc, and by the time we were finished she seemed to be doing a lot better.


When I spoke to daddy around 9:30 tonight, he said she was happy as a fat cat. I'm sure she and Dolly have enjoyed getting reacquainted tonight.

She knows the option to come back here is open and I'll pick her up anytime she wants me to.

Here's a picture of the sun shining through the trees when we were leaving to take mom home today. I thought it was pretty.

Mom, our family has enjoyed having you with us and each of the children have expressed, already, how much they miss having you here. Bruce and I still think you should have stayed until at least the end of the week, but I love my home too. So I can understand how homesick you were. You know we're here for you if you need us. I love you!