Friday, December 19, 2008

Bad Blogger Update

I feel like the worst blogger in the world. Is it just me or y'all having a hard time blogging this month too?

There's been so much going on that it's not like I don't have anything to blog about. I guess I'm just waiting for things to slow down.
Photobucket
I always take the Christmas cards we receive and hang them on the back of our front door for display. But for some reason we can't get them to stay put this year. Every morning we come through the house and there will be several on the floor. So the cards are put away, but the ones with pictures of our friends and family we've placed on the branches of our Christmas tree. They actually look nice there. I wasn't sure at first, but.....yeah, I like it. One reason is we have our tree on a rotating tree stand, which is neat anyway. But to see my friends and family go around in circles is fun too. *giggle* Yesterday I was blessed to spend the day with my friend, Amy, and her two sons, Cameron and Little D. Amy is still recovering from her twelve pound preemie, so while her hubby was at work I got to play with Cameron and cuddle Little D for a while. Those are some cute younguns. Cameron keeps me laughing. He's so fun. I was supposed to do a drink and vegetable for them for a meal our Sunday school class was taking to them so I decided to just cook the green beans there. That's all I'll say about THAT fiasco! ~~ I cleaned mom's house today and although I feel like closing my eyes right now and dozing off for a power nap, I really need to defrost some meat and get my supper started. What to fix? I think I'll do oven fried chicken with rice. ~~ We have our Christmas play Sunday night and I'm beginning to feel a little nervous. I always get nervous a few days before. By Sunday night I'll be avoiding people before the play starts. Or at least trying to. I'm just praying that it goes all right. I'm sure it will. It always does. It just seems like this whole season has snuck up on us. It would just make me feel better if we had a few more practices. But, oh well....Photobucket
Justin and his friends are making plans to go to McAdenville tonight to see the Christmas lights. He is currently learning the Saint Crispin's Day Speech from Henry V for English Lit. I think he has about 3/4 of it learned already. I hear him saying it often in the bathroom. Which is really funny because I KNOW he's standing in front of the mirror acting it out. I told him he had to have it learned by the end of next week. I think he'll have it. He loves the story of Henry V. He always has. Even as a small boy. No kidding.
Photobucket
Hannah is going to our Youth Pastor's house tonight to bake cookies with his wife, Mrs. Liz, and the other girls in Sigma. They'll be taking the cookies to some of our shut ins tomorrow night when they go caroling. She looks forward to this event and I know she'll have fun baking tonight and doing girlie things.
Photobucket
I do believe Brother RJ is being pushed out of the house to make room for all of the giggling girls. Bless his heart...wherever shall he go?
Photobucket
Harry is playing his Wii at this very moment. It's some kind of game where it looks like you're playing with toy army tanks and there are giant wodden blocks all around you. Apparently, you have to move the tanks and fire them at each other. ~~ Mrs. Kim O' gave him his own jar of a special snack mix at our churchwide Christmas party Wed night and he thoroughly enjoyed it....every. single. bite. Did he offer his brother and sister any? NO! He just grinned and smiled at them as he shoveled it in....bite after bite. He was feeling quite special that Mrs. Kim did that for him. What a happy little boy! lol
Photobucket
Bruce won a desktop computer from work. It's a Dell and he was very happy to have won it. They shorted him one power cord so I guess he'll be going back to pick that up later. He's been having to work on Friday the last several weeks, but this Friday he's off. I know he's looking forward to having his whole weekend break. Right now he's listening to Christmas music and whistling while scanning old pictures of our family.
Photobucket
And so this concludes the "brief" update on our family. I hope you are all having a great week and enjoy the weekend ahead.
Photobucket