Friday, October 24, 2008

What Say Ye?

The picture above is of Ashely Todd, a twenty year old woman who told Pittsburg police she had been attacked by an Obama supporter, beaten up, robbed, and branded with the letter "B" on her face, after the man noticed a McCain bumper sticker on her car.

I have felt such pity for this young woman. Almost shed a tear. Told her story to several friends of mine who were all just as shocked as I was to hear of such horror.

Today I find out that just 24 hours after her accusation, she admitted to authorities that she made it all up. Can you believe that?

Stories like this just upset me. I have a few questions about this. Where did she get the black eye and what ABOUT that "B" on her face? Where did it come from, really? And do I really want to know?

So, should this lady be charged for wasting the time of police when they could have been working on real problems and chasing real law breakers?

What say ye?