Saturday, April 17, 2010

Fun Filled Friday

I met my friend at the Tea Room for lunch yesterday. We had a good time catching up on a few things.

My friend is Betsy. We met when we were in high school and worked together at a local grocery store. She actually went to school with Bruce. She's a sweet friend and I always enjoy being with her. She has a lot of life in her, she's compassionate, and what you see is what you get. I like that about her!
Thanks for the lunch date, Betsy. I had a good time!
(very bad camera angle!)
After lunch I came home for a little bit and threw in some laundry, went grocery shopping, and came home to fix that pot roast I was telling you about. It looked like it came out ok. LOL

I hated to drop off the food and run, which is what I felt like I had to do. I did get to visit for about twenty minutes. I just hate it wasn't a little longer. But Justin told me to pick him up from work at 5:00. So I had to get on the road. He was thirty minutes away and I still needed to stop and get gas!!! Good news was, I was in Grover anyway and that's where we go for our gas. And wouldn't you know every pump in Grover was filled.........but ONE! And it was all mine. What was funny is people were lined up behind each other and no one was fighting to get to the open pump. :)

I pulled into the mission at exactly 5:00 and saw the tractor down at the O'Malley's house just sitting in the yard so I knew he must not be finished. I sat there a moment and never saw him so I went down to the O'Malley's where Mrs. Kim was cleaning some chairs for a bridal shower she was giving today. I was able to help her with a couple of chairs and visit with her for a few minutes. That was so nice. I love her. And then my dirty monkey boy came from around the side of the house. He was covered in dirt. LOL

When we got home he showered and hit the door to the firefighter's cook off up town. He had a good time there and had been looking forward to it for a couple of weeks.

Bruce and I went to Mi Pubs for supper. I ordered the half plate of nacho supreme and it was still too much. I was so tired. We ate and came home. I passed out on the couch for a while and then decided to go to bed. All in all, I had twelve hours of sleep last night. I can't even BEGIN to tell you the last time I slept a full six hours, much less twelve!

So now I'm finishing up laundry, cleaning the house, and getting ready for a Sweet Sixteen party for a young lady in our church.

Have a great weekend!