Monday, December 14, 2009

Weekend Happenings

This weekend was a busy weekend.  Of course every weekend through the month of December has us bustling around like busy little bees!
Thursday we celebrated Bruce's 40th birthday.  We had a lot of fun.  A little picking on him for turning forty, but he left for work later that night with a big smile on his face.  We love him so much!! 

The supper turned out great!  And the cake was mucho-delish!!  My mother-in-law, my parents, and Kelsey joined us for supper. 



Bruce was outside when we took the group pic.  Funny...his birthday and yet he missed the group photo.  But that's ok.  I took one with him.  :D


Ain't he purdy?


I had a calendar made for his birthday.  Each month was a picture of him eating somewhere around town.  It was really funny and he seemed to get a kick out of it.  We all did, actually. 


He got money from his mom, which he put towards a set of golf clubs he found.  And my parents gave him new jammies and some other personal items.  :)

The kids and I had a special something for him also.  They told some "My dad is so old..." jokes and I read a poem I wrote for him.  I have videos of both of those and I'll share those later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday night we kept our usual date night while the kids had their Sunday School Christmas parties.  Harrison was so excited about his party all day Friday, he was about to bust!!  Daddy and Brother Lemons, Harrison's SS teachers, said he was bouncing off the walls at the party.  When he got home he passed out cold, sitting up on the couch.  So cute! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday night we had a great time at the Baker family reunion.  This was a good group shot, but there were so many that didn't make it and so many that left before this picture was taken.  But it still turned out great!


We took advantage of the Christmas tree in the foyer of the church.  I liked this pic of my babies! 


Kelsey came to the reunion with us too. 


Kelsey talked Justin into doing a Charlie's Angels pose with her and Hannah.  Look at his face.  He was cracking up!


Kelsey and Hannah


This is Bruce's cousin, Adam, and his wife, Jessica.  This time next year, we'll have another little Baker at the reunion. 


Aunt Sylvia had a picture video made for everyone.  She put a copy of it in and we watched it together.  It was so nice and there were a lot of fun pictures on there.


Every year I take a picture of these two guys!  The same pose...every year.  We'll be watching little man grow up in pictures on his daddy's lap.  :)


Me and my darlin'!


Bruce and I did The Greatest Christmas Tree.  I wanted Hannah to video it for you, but she ended up just taking pictures. 


And these are the Baker siblings with their spouses.  We missed Bruce's daddy, Uncle Larry, and Uncle Joe.  All have gone home to Jesus.  And of course we missed Bruce's cousin, Ricky, who also went on to Heaven this year. 

It's going to be a busy week with another busy weekend ahead of us.  I'm looking forward to it!