Thursday, December 10, 2009

Mmmm...Birthday cake!

Happy Birthday to my sweet Bruce!! I love you, honey.

I stayed up last night until about 3:00 or so making this cake. I waited until Bruce went to work and the kids were in bed before starting on it. Can't wait to taste it! LOL My lovie loves chocolate so I made a Devils Food Triple Fudge Chip. Bascially, it's just a devils food cake with three different tubs of icing all over it and between the layers. I added chocolate chips to the cake batter also.

For dinner tonight, Bruce wanted BBQ ribs. So those are in two different crock pots and my deviled eggs are in the fridge. I made cole slaw but something bad went wrong with that. I have no idea what happened. But it was nasty! ha!

That's ok. I have green beans on the stove, rice and broccoli casserole ready to pop into the oven, and homemade biscuits in the making too.

Later on, the kids and I have planned a "special" sort of entertainment just for Bruce, in honor of him turning the big 4-0 Should be a lot of fun! I'll be sure to video that.

So on I must go! Much preparation to be accomplished before my mother-in-law and parents get here.