Friday, December 11, 2009

Incognito? I Don't Think So!

I receive emails several times a month from blog readers all over the world. Some are missionaries that have had blog posts sent to them. Some are everyday people asking about our church. Some are Pastor's wives that want to say thank you for an encouraging post. I've had people email me and ask why we are KJV only or why Hannah and I are always wearing skirts. What our dating standards are, etc. The majority of them have always been nice and very encouraging. Once in a while I'll receive one that I just delete right away because you can't get through the first couple of sentences from all the bad language. Those are never fun and never encouraging. LOL

With each email that comes through from someone "new" I pray the Lord will give discernment. After all, my blog is open for anyone. I've thought many times to make it a private blog, but there are those who read it daily that would not be able to get into it if I did. So I guess you could say I take my chances.

Believe it or not, there are those in the world that like to conceal who they really are. Hiding behind a false identity to retrieve information from you. Whether it is personal information or just digging for information to see what they can learn about situations. So I try to always be careful and prayerful.

I've been in contact with a few people over the last several months. One of which had me fooled....until last night. I began looking over our emails and something struck me odd. It's no secret that I'm a little OCD about things sometimes, so one thing about their emails kept bothering me. It was frustrating. So I did a little "digging" myself at 1:30 this morning and realized that this person was not at all who they said they were. But actually someone I know! At first I was mad. Then I got tickled. Am I offended at them? No. Psalm 119:165 "Great peace have they which love they law and nothing shall offend them." I feel sorry for them, actually. And I thank the Lord for revealing it to me.

Wow! Funny!!! Oh well, how does that old saying go? "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Maybe they won't try a second time.