Saturday, December 5, 2009

My iPod Spoke To Me....TWICE!

A week or so before Thanksgiving, we were on our way to church when I reached down to turn my iPod on. It would not come on. I was really upset because I had just put a full charge on it the day before. Bruce thought maybe I had accidentally left it on and it ran down. But I knew that wasn't right because I had it set on one album of just a few songs. When the album is finished it automatically cuts off. All I knew is that it wasn't working.

When we got home from church I took it in and plugged it up to the computer, thinking maybe it needed to be reformatted or something. I left it plugged up all afternoon. Nothing! Before we left for church that night, I placed it on the charger and left it there for a few hours. Again, NOTHING! When we got home from church, I plugged it back up to the computer and let it sit overnight. Come morning, NOTHING!

I tried the charger again, then back to the computer, then back to the charger. The last time I put it on the charger nothing happened. I was so sad. I absolutely LOVE my iPod. There is so much good music on there!! I was totally bummed.

I raised my hands in the air and said, "Lord, you know I love my iPod. If it's going to work, you're going to have to be the one to do it." Right then, as it sat in its charger, the light came on and there, on the screen, was the prettiest apple I had ever seen. I was thrilled! It completely charged and I've been listening to it ever since.

These last few days I have had some things on my mind and feeling a little blue. I was up with Harrison most of the night last night and being sick myself, having a rough morning, I became a little emotional. Cried a bit....had a good little pity-party. Then it was time to take Justin to work. Still teary-eyed, I grabbed my iPod from the charger. When I pulled it off, the light came on to the song that was ready to play, Did You Pray.

I began to cry again because, no, I did not pray. So I just stopped right there and prayed, taking my burdens and handing them over to Christ. And you know what? He took them. I felt lighter the rest of the day.

I love Him. He never ceases to amaze me.

I Peter 5:7 "Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you."