Monday, December 28, 2009

A Very Merry Christmas

We had a very merry Christmas.  I hope you did too!  Ours started Christmas Eve with my family here at our home.  It was good seeing everyone together and I enjoyed all of them being here. 


There was a lot of food on the table.  AND the counter tops.  Way too much food, really.  REALLY!


Harrison was to read the Christmas story from Luke 2 this year.  He was very excited about that!


Daddy had some special presentations to give.  You know daddy....always coming up with some crazy idea.  Well this one was hilarious.  One we all had fun with.  He took something that reminded him of mom, John, myself, Bruce, and Jenny, and gave us an award for those things.  Mom's, I suppose, is self explanatory.  It's no secret she makes her own mountain medicine, and has for as long as I can remember.  So daddy gave her the Golden Jar Award.


John has become "Mr. Mom" since his lay off so dad gave him the Golden Rolling Pin Award.


Being the king of his house, daddy awarded Bruce the Golden Plunger Award, because every king needs a sceptor by his throne.  LOL 


I was awarded the Golden Keyboard Award for my blog posts, skits and plays, and whatever else I choose to write.


And then my sister-in-law, Jenny, was given the Golden Bedpan Award.  She is in nursing school and doing very well with her classes.  So daddy thought this was the appropriate award for her.  However, what was inside the bedpan was inappropriate and I wouldn't take a picture of it.  Let's just say it involved a Baby Ruth candy bar. 


We played games, which mom gave door prizes for.  Jessica won one of the games and this was her prize....


There was a lot of laughter and fun and John is always good at bringing that out anywhere he goes!

I love my family and had a great time with them Christmas Eve!

Hannah and I cleaned up after everyone left and had fun working together in the kitchen.  Then it was bedtime!  My dogs were tired!!  Harrison never goes to bed, but that night he was eager to hit the sheets.  Not from being tired, mind you, but because he couldn't wait for Christmas morning!! 

He's been toying with the idea of taking up an instrument and mentioned he would like to play the guitar.  So, Bruce, the guitar-man, found this one for him.  Just perfect for his size.  He was thrilled!


I got a new coat and I love it.  It fits like a glove and the warmest coat I think I've ever had.


This was funny....Bruce had a very golf Christmas this year.  Among other golf items, I bought him this golf ball retriever.  It's basically a round retriever on a long stick.  But Justin wanted to have fun wrapping it so he used the cardboard wrapping rolls and made the, basically straight stick, look like some kind of bird.  He used gobs of tape, which irritated Bruce as he tried to unwrap it.  And the kids and I just rolled in laughter.


Justin and Hannah were glad for giftcards.  They were out of here first thing Saturday morning ready to hit the stores and spend their giftcards and Christmas money. 


Oh, and I got the Paula Deen rolling pin and cutting board I wanted.  YAY!  :)

After opening gifts Christmas morning, we headed to my mother-in-law's house for more food and more fun.  Our great-nephew, Leyton, was ever so happy to eat Pumpkin Crisp his mommy made.  Check out that "open wide" action!  lol
  

Bruce's brother, Mitch, and his wife, Angie, were able to be with us this year.  It was so good having them home for Christmas.  We miss them when they're not here.  But then that's military life for ya, right?  And we're proud and thankful for their military family!! 


Our niece Brandy was so sick Christmas day she ended up in the ER with two shots.  But I think she's doing a little better.  Nothing a couple of shots and some rest won't cure.


Marie loved the outfit we got her.  This was the top and the bottom was a black skirt with a pleated tail.  It's so pretty and I knew she would look pretty in it.  When the kids saw it they all agreed it was definitely something Grandmother would wear. 


Our great-niece, Mackenzie, took up to our nephew Jackson right away.  She had herself a big brother for the day!  It was so sweet.  Everywhere Jackson was, there was Mack.


And of course, Grandmother just had to get a squeeze from the great-grandson!


It just thrilled Marie to have all her boys together again.  That helps to make a great Christmas!  Being together with your family.


I like this picture of my brother-in-law, Bryan, and his wife, Cindy. 
 

And we can't have a reunion without a picture of the four boys together.They're wearing the hats their mom gave them.  Gotta keep those heads warm, you know!


And last, but not least, Barry asleep in the recliner.  He was doing what we all wanted to do and eventually did.  :)

So that was our Christmas.  I'm looking forward to another new year and seeing what the Lord has planned for us and our families.  I know it's going to be good!