Friday, November 20, 2009

Yes, I Really Did Burp

OK, so I left this out of the previous post, but here it is 1:30 in the morning and I'm laying in bed laughing hysterically and had to come back to share this story.

As most of you know, I do not allow the passing of gas in any way, shape, or form in my presence. It is not something I overlook in my children's behavior, this most definitely includes burping. Oh, I think that is one of the rudest things to do in public. It shows just how uncivilized a person is.

Anyway, I am still not feeling my best since having had the stomach flu last week and therefore, I have been sipping on a lot of coke. Today was no different.

I had just finished a rather large glass of coke when I got up to go to the kitchen to check on supper. I peeked in at the meatballs simmering in one crock pot and turned to peek at the mac and cheese in the other crock pot when all of the sudden there it was. The most obscene, deep, and growling sound came rumbling out from between my lips. I quickly thrust my hand over my mouth and stood very still. All the while thinking, Was that me? When reality settled in, I realized that it was me, and began to giggle.

Bruce, who was reading quietly on the couch, asked, "What are you giggling at?"

"Did you not hear that?"

"Yeah, I heard it. What was it?"

"That was ME! I burped!"

"You burped? I thought you were dragging something across the counter top."

His statement tore me out of the frame laughing.

So, yeah, I really did burp. I guess I'm human.