Thursday, November 19, 2009

Just for Laughs

My friend, Jennie in Texas, sent me an email that had some Christian one liners in it. Most all of them I had heard before, but there was one on there I had not heard and it totally cracked me up. It said, "Why do some people feel the need to change churches? What difference does it make which one they stay home from?" Thanks, Jennie. That was funny!!

My friend, Lucy, also sent me an email. It was a story of a man and woman coming home from a weekend trip. The traffic was moving slowly and the man noticed a bumper sticker on another car that read Pray for Obama. Psalm 109:8. The man's Bible was on the dash so he picked it up to find the passage. That verse reads, "Let his days be few; and let another take his office." ha! I love it. I want one of those bumper stickers!!

I was watching Ace of Cakes on Food Network this evening. Do you watch that? They make some amazing cakes. Blows my mind! Anyway, one of the cake decorators was going through the company's email orders and a young woman wrote to say she would like to order a wedding cake from them. Her email said, "This is my first wedding. I want it to be special." Her FIRST wedding? I wonder what kind of cake she'll want for her NEXT wedding.
:D

After the depression we've felt this week, the laughter was nice. Thank you, my friends, for the giggles.