Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'm Ready! Are You Ready?

I'm ready for the Christmas season to get started. I don't know why. Usually I am all about getting through each individual holiday. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving, but I am so ready for all the pretties of Christmas. The lights, the decorations, the atmosphere. I have been so tempted to start pulling out my nativities.

Harrison thought Christmas came early this week when mom and dad gave him daddy's iPod Nano. Daddy doesn't use it anymore so they gave it to Harrison. Justin and Hannah have the iPod Classic and Harrison is happy to have the Nano now. I loaded all of his favorite songs on there and he's one happy kid!


There's a house here in our hometown that has their own light show every year. They, alone, are becoming as famous as McAdenville's Christmas Town USA. Bruce and I usually always make plans to drive through McAdenville and stop at Krispy Kreme for doughnut and chocolate milk, but since this one house is just five minutes from us, we do always drive through and every year they have something new. It's a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to Dec 1 when all these lights are officially turned on and the Christmas season gets underway.

I got tickled when I got this picture in an email because it kind of reminded me of the house up the road from us. I love the house next to it. LOL


School is going good. Everyone is on schedule. Which is odd for this time of year. We're usually well ahead of schedule so we can take a long Christmas break. I guess I'll have to light the fire and do some night schooling or doubling up if we're going to do that this year. I enjoy taking the extra time off school to enjoy the holiday season.

The month of December is usually filled with parties and get-togethers, and all kinds of fun things. I'm hoping this year will be a little different for us and not so busy. My husband would like it if I would just say no to some things. So this year I plan on saying no to things. *sigh* It is so not in my character to say no because I'm somewhat of a social butterfly, but I know it will make him happy.

I'll be digging through our Christmas videos and DVD's and hopefully we will have watched every single one of them between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I plan on taking the kids to each of their grandparent's homes and spending a day with them just watching Christmas movies, drinking hot chocolate, and enjoying the season.

I'm ready! Are you ready??