Wednesday, November 18, 2009

We had planned on going to the funeral home for the Sanney and Henderson family today and I'm glad we went.

The family was taking their loss as well as could be expected. I know we hear those words a lot in times like these, but you could see the peace and love of God on them.

Bruce and I both feel this is just the saddest thing. Two young people, head over hills in love with each other, serving God together, and only nine days into their marriage, the life they've planned and hoped for becomes something they never expected. My heart really does hurt for them.

God is good though. We will continue to pray and God will continue to heal these broken hearts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been dealing with a migraine today. At 2:00 this morning I was hurting so bad I was near tears. My scalp is sore where it was throbbing. It eased up this afternoon and I'm thankful I made it to the funeral home and then on to church. The headache is trying to rear its ugly head again and I am feeling a little nauseated. Oh, I wish I knew what brought these on. I'm thinking today it is the weather. Lord willing, it will be a memory come morning!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Justin is trying to get on with the fire department. He's been gathering some information and has some paperwork to fill out for a local squad. He's pretty sure this is what the Lord wants. So if it is the Lord's will, all those doors will open. I'm eager to see what happens for him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hannah is baking cookies and making peanut butter candy and fudge to sell. Cookies include: Sugar cookies (iced or plain), Cinnamon Pinwheels, Peanut Butter Blossoms (with Hershey Kisses in the middle), classic chocolate chips, and mint. The cookies are $3 a dz, except for the PB Blossoms. They're $5. And the PB Candy and Fudge is $8 a pan (9x13). So if you live close and you're interested in some homemade desserts for the holidays, let her know!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harrison is excited about Christmas Eve. Paw Paw asked if he would read the Christmas story this year. He just smiled from ear to ear. I think that's sweet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bruce has been working a little bit of overtime. Which is a blessing. Things were slowing down considerably and they were going to make them take the whole week of Thanksgiving and Christmas off. Which was fine with me. It would be nice to have him home. But it would also mean no pay for those days. LOL But things have picked up a bit and now he's getting some overtime and they changed the schedule back to a regular Thanksgiving week schedule. As wonderful as it would be to have him home, we prayed for work to pick up so we're not going to complain. :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm tired and I'm going to bed. Sweet dreams to you and to me both!