Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Little Pet Peeve on Driving

So I'm on my way to the store this morning and I needed to turn left across the highway. A truck facing the opposite direction also needed to turn left, which meant crossing over each other. We're both at the median and I zipped up to where I was suppose to be, right there where his lane stops and he should have pulled up where my lane stops. In other words, as we both crossed intersections, we would be pulling behind the other one. Not facing each other as we turned. Do you get it? This is simple driving deduction. The first rule of the road is always stay to the right. If you're having to turn to left, you pull all the way up to do that. Mainly, because if you don't, how will you and the other driver see around each other. It makes it very difficult. This really gets under my skin. Especially since I'm in a smaller car and taller vehicles most definitely make it difficult for me to see around them when they don't follow the rules of the road. You would be surprised how many people do NOT understand this simple driving rule.

Another pet peeve while driving are people that drive in the passing lane. Listen closely. The right lane is the driving lane. The left lane is the passing lane. When you drive the speed limit, or worse, five miles under the speed limit in the left lane, you're setting yourself up for someone's road rage. Trust me. It will probably be mine. Again, this would fall under the stay to the right rule of the road. Simple, simple...so you'd think. Now, when my husband reads this he'll be looking at me like I'm crazy because this is HIS biggest pet peeve, even over and above it being mine. I'll admit that I tend to stay in the left lane a little longer than I should, but I do get back over to the right when I have the all clear.

*sigh* Wow, I feel better getting that off my chest!

Here's a pic of Bruce holding the cheesecake I made yesterday. It turned out so good!!