Friday, September 4, 2009

Happy Birthday, Marie!!

My mother-in-law had a birthday this week and we were happy to honor her on her special day. She likes pink, so I made sure to get her a pink cake. It was a yellow cake with whipped icing. Very good. For supper, she wanted Lasagna. So that's what I fixed. It was very good too, if I do say so myself!


Making a wish....


I bought a fudge swirl ice cream and it was PACKED with chocolate. I don't think I've EVER seen that much chocolate in a fudge swirl. It must have gotten stuck under the fudge spout. LOL


For her birthday, we gave her a little gadget she can use to upload her pictures to her computer by plugging it into the USB port. I went over today and showed her how to use it.

If you'll recall, we bought her a camera for Christmas so her pictures dated back to Christmas. LOL

She's getting ready to go on a cruise so Bruce gave her some spending money for her birthday also.


And then of course it was kissy-time!




I'm thankful to have a mother-in-law that likes me. Anyone can love you, but it's great when they like you too.


After supper, desserts, and gifts, Marie stayed to have devotions with us and even participated. It was really nice and we enjoyed having her with us.

Happy Birthday, Marie! We love you and hope you had a wonderful time. We sure did!