Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Precious Promises II

loving the fall flowers, aren't you?

Yesterday the promise I studied was to those troubled by doubt because of trials they face and heartache they go through. My verses were Psalm 73: Click here to read that passage.

Basically, these verses are referring to Christians who see the wicked prosper and wonder why in the world God allows them to prosper while they, themselves, go through trials and valleys.

I'll be the first to tell you that I am quick to respond when it comes to people who make stupid decisions. Some of us have family members that make these decisions on a regular basis, or we know people at work that are continually doing the wrong thing. They do what "feels right" instead of what IS right! And watching things on TV like, The View, or other liberal media, I find myself asking why God allows these people to tarry in their stupidity and God-less behaviour. By the way, I do not watch The View. Let me make that abundantly clear!!!

It is not up to me to wonder why God allows certain people to get by with certain things. It is up to me to live right and make right decisions. I fail Him continually. There is not a day goes by that I am better than these people. I am their equal, only saved by the grace of God. Their decisions are only a symptom of their problem, which is their need for the blood that covers all sin.

The promise in these verses is that God holds my hand and gives me eternal life with Him. It only seems as though the wicked are prevailing, but in truth, God's longsuffering will eventually cease and they will be dealt with bitterly. Should we take pleasure in their demise? Absolutely not!! But we should not worry whether or not they are getting by while we wallow in pity over the trials we face.

The Bible says it rains on the just and the unjust. The only difference is that God is not holding the hand of the unjust. He is holding the hand of His beloved child. So stop sitting in self-pity and trust God to see you through.

His promise is not limited to a specific time. He will hold our hand and see us through to eternity.
I can live with that!

And let us not forget that last verse, "...it is good for me to draw near to God..." Our trials are an opportunity to move closer to God. Thank Him for the trials.

If He brought you to it, He will see you through it!