Friday, September 11, 2009

We Say We Remember, But Have We Really Forgotten?


Today marks eight years since the tragic day our country was left in tears and ashes. I remember that day well. I was on the phone with my dad, who was in the hospital. He said, "Oh my! A plane just crashed into one of the twin towers." We were sad at that tragedy and then minutes later, the second tower was struck. Realization began to sink in that our America was under attack.

I also remember how our nation bent down in prayer the days and months following this terrible event.

As the smoke began to clear and interviews with heart broken families began to cease, the prayers became less and the nation, once again, found its place in a hole, seeking after greedy gain and selfishness.

Do I remember 9/11? Oh yes. A day that will forever live in our minds. But will it live in our hearts? It seems to me that we remember that day, forgetting how it drew us closer to God as a nation.

Seven years from this tragedy, this nation voted in a man that does not love Israel. He does not love the unborn. He does not love God. He does not love the Bible. And yet, we want to remember 9/11 as though God had nothing to do with it.

If our soldiers, our firemen, our policeman, our loved ones that died during 9/11 could speak to us today, I would have no doubt they would tell us to turn from our wicked ways and take this nation back to its foundings. I have no doubt they would tell us to serve the True and Living God. A God that does not ask of us to kill the infidel. A God that does not want us to take the life of the unborn. A God that wants our children to pray to Him and read His WORD. A God that sent His only begotten Son to die for us.

Yes, remember 9/11 America. Remember it as a day God removed His hand from this nation to bring us closer to Him. Remember 9/11 as an opportunity to save this nation.

We say we remember, but have we really forgotten?

I know what some of you are thinking. Some of you are shaking your head and thinking I'm all about doom and gloom. You're right! Doom and gloom on a nation that has turned its back on God.

My heart breaks for all those who lost someone during 9/11. And I greatly respect and admire our soldiers, police officers, fireman, and other workers that place their lives in danger to save us.

But there is something greater in our midst. We say we remember, but have we really forgotten?

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14