Monday, February 9, 2009

*sigh*

I had a pretty busy today. I drove Justin to the college and headed back home to have school with the kids before heading to the church to work on the banquet. Instead of working on the banquet, I ended up at the church office. Mrs. Janet was running around like a chicken with its head cut off. The phone was ringing off the hook. The DVD copier that was copying DVDs for the shut ins was spitting out failed copies. The cricut we were using to cut out French words for the banquet decorations would not cooperate. People coming to cut the pews for the new sound system were running late. A special DVD Bruce and I burned this morning for some banquet entertainment would not work. It was crazy!

I will say that lunch with Janet and Mander was the highlight of the day. It was about 1:15 or so when we sat down to eat. I ate quickly because I had to pick Justin up from school.

I thought maybe things would be less chaotic. But I was wrong.

We drove to Wal Mart to pick up a Turbo Tax because they're usually cheaper than anyone else. But according to the Office Max circular, this was not the case, seeing Office Max was six dollars cheaper. Now, I know six bucks doesn't sound like a big deal, but you know...gotta get the best deal, right?

So anyway, we leave wal mart after running into several friends, of course, and left for Office Max. I was looking at the circular when I realized I had the circular in my hand at Wal Mart who would have honored it. OH well, too late, we're on our way.

So we get to Office Max where I point out to the girl working there exactly what I needed. "Sure, they're right over here." She took us to the display at the front of the store, handed us the Turbo Tax and we checked out. I was looking forward to getting home. There's just something about stepping into your home after a crazy day, huh?

Bruce got up to work on his car, looked at the Turbo Tax and informed me I had brought home the wrong one. Sure enough. She had handed me the wrong one. It was my fault though. I should have checked behind her, but I trusted her. After all, I did tell her exactly what I wanted and pointed it out to her. But it was an easy mistake.

I took the wrong Turbo Tax back to Office Max where the nice lady exchanged it for me with no problems. Then made my way back home where Bruce had been working on his truck. He informed me that his truck was no more. The engine block is cracked, not to mention he has a hole in his gas tank. Poor fella. He's been working on that truck or at least trying to work on it for weeks. I sat down for a little bit preparing for our family devotions (no, I do not lead our deovtions...just making that clear) and then it was time to fix supper. I burned the fries. Twice. Not all of them, mind you. Just most of them.

After supper I just didn't want to do anything. Except blog, of course. And now I think I'll go to bed. Hope y'all have a good night's rest. I know I will.