Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Bailey and VBS 2008, "Rescue 911"

Pics of Bailey for the H Family. We've enjoyed having her while y'all are on vacation. She's a sweet little dog. Not as yappy as I thought she would be. I tend to enjoy larger dogs, but Bailey is a sweetheart.




Ready for bed!


Pretty flowers in front of the church.


We start VBS next Monday. Our theme this year is "Rescue 911." While Bruce met with one of the singing groups to practice, I worked on some banners for Brother Johnny. They're going in the main auditorium. I thought I would be working by myself, but Mrs. Rebecca showed up to listen to her husband sing and she came right on time to help me pin up the ten feet long paper. Thanks, Rebecca!


Me!


Bruce and I stopped at Ingles on the way home and picked up my clothes detergent I forgot. When we came home, he and Harry passed out on the couch. Aren't they sweet?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a discussion today with someone on contentment. Isn't that something Christians just never seem to have enough of? Our relationship with Christ is the only thing we should never be content with. We should always be trying to better that relationship. When we better the relationship we have with Him, everything else falls into place.

Contentment is uncomplaining acceptance. When we are not content, things set in our hearts and minds that draw us away from the Lord.

*Worrying ~ Matthew 6:25 "Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?"
God has placed times in my life where I found myself worrying about groceries, bills, things my children needed, etc. I don't know why I would worry. God has never, EVER let us down. His hand has always blessed us, His children. I know there are other children of God out there who go through difficult times. If you're a child of God, there's nothing to worry about. He is already in the future and your difficult times are not taking Him by surprise!

*Murmuring ~ I Corinthians 10:10 "Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer." Boy, I can't STAND to hear people murmur about every bad thing in their life. Don't get me wrong, we need share our problems, but let's not forget to give God the glory for all the wonderful things He has done for us too. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in counting our problems, we stop taking the time to count our blessings.

*Greed ~ Hebrews 13:5 "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." Stop comparing your life to everyone else. Be content with what the Lord has graciously given you. If it weren't for Him, you would have NOTHING! He's already given you forgiveness of sins and eternal life. Everything else is icing on the cake.

*Envy ~ James 3:16 "For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work." When we envy others, the devil is at play. He can confuse us into thinking the Lord is not treating us the same as He does His other children. Or he may convince us we need to seek other things to make us happy when God has given us everything we need to fulfill that happiness. Someone else's marriage will look better than yours. Someone else's children will behave better than yours. Someones home will be bigger and better than yours. Someone will drive a better car than you. We will begin to want what we do not have and evil work prevails.