Sunday, July 27, 2008

A GOOD Sunday!

Oh, wow! There is no way to put into words the services we had at church today. I can't even try. I'm sitting here tonight with one of those "holy headaches." If you don't know what I mean by that, I feel sorry for ya!

First of all, it was a BLESSING to see Shawn sitting next to my hubby with his guitar. Shawn was saved just a few months ago and he is IN! The devil has attacked their family but God is seeing them through the trials and the Devil is LOSING the battle!!!! Bruce told Shawn he just needed to grab his guitar and come sit with "the front porch boys." We're so glad he did. He and his wife Kristie are a precious couple.


This lady is from the Philippines. She and her husband and two children will be going back to the Philippines to be missionaries. She sang O, What a Saviour, and less than five words into the song I was already crying. She was a little lady with a BIG voice and sang her heart out. It was beautiful! To hear her testify was a blessing. She was saved out of the Catholic church and her burden for lost souls is great. I was listening to her sing and thought about the years growing up in the Catholic Church where she was never able to sing this song with the power of God on her like she did in our church this morning.
There was another missionary couple there too. They are going to Canada and he is in school at Ambassador Baptist College. He actually works with Bruce so it was nice to meet him and his family. Susan H, I gave them y'all's names and told them to look at your site to see where you would be from where they are going in Canada. You never know! Their last name is Mauerer.

We don't normally go anywhere between services when Bruce works third so that he can come home and sleep. But today was an exception. Bruce's brother, Barry, called and invited us to their home for a family dinner. Everyone was there but Britt and Brandy. As usual, there were a LOT of laughs.


The guys played golf on the Wii. Barry won but said it was home court advantage. I believe they have a real golf game scheduled for sometime this week.


Mackenzie was lovin' on her great-uncle, Bruce. She is so sweet. Hannah and I are going to steal her for a weekend one of these days.

When we got back to church tonight the Holy Spirit was there and I have to tell ya, it was one of THE sweetest services I think we've ever had. Like I said, there is no way I can put into words to describe today. All I can say is I am so thankful that God led us to Faith and that my children are growing up in a place where old time religion still takes place. Where the alter is not dusty. And where the family of God can love one another and pray for each other.

And, oh yeah..............................This is what happens when you leave your Sunday meatloaf in the oven and don't turn the oven off before you leave the house!

Anybody hungry?