Monday, August 16, 2010

So Much To Thank Him For

It's been a wonderful weekend to top off the week we had last week in Tennessee with the youth group. Brother Dervin Spears preached both services at church this weekend and it was absolutely MMmmmmmm, MMmmmmmmm, good!

There was a man that our church has prayed for, for a very long time, that came before church Sunday night and made his way to the men's prayer room. He came in wanting to get saved!!! How wonderful is that???!!!! What a great start to an already spectacular night!

Both sermons were good, but I was really moved during the evening sermon. Brother Spears preached on Where Are You in the Tabernacle? Are you in the outer room? Are you in the Holy Place? Or are you in the Holy of Holies. Wow.....good stuff there!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday we were thankful to celebrate my daddy's sixty-fifth birthday. He wanted a hot dog supper with all the fixin's so mom indulged him on his day.

He didn't want a birthday cake either. He wanted mom's homemade banana pudding. She fixed a HUGE bowl of it too!


Once supper was over and the table was cleared, daddy was ready to dig into his birthday dessert.


There wasn't a spoon big enough for him!


We got tickled because there was no cake, no candles, and we forgot to sing Happy Birthday. He decided to sing it to himself. Bless his heart. LOL

My sweet mommy...


Unless there's something I know daddy needs or wants I usually get him things he can wear to dialysis. The nurses get tickled at his tshirts and pants. He always makes out he's embarrassed, but he loves the attention. LOL

I think he had a good birthday. It was nice being able to celebrate with him and know that God had granted us another year with him.
Daddy has been through a very rough few years. But God continues to bless him and see him through.
Isaiah 46:4 "And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will
I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver
you."